A lot of us are working from home or are spending more time indoors. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably feeling cooped up and probably processing a lot of anxiety about the state of the world.
Here are 10 ways to feel less anxious at home during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Structure your time so you’re able to accomplish tasks (which helps you feel in control of some aspect of your life) and give yourself time to enjoy yourself.
- Do something you enjoy (like reading a book, or rewatching your favorite tv show or movie).
- Moderate social media intake.
- Practice gratitude for whatever you have.
- Read your bible at a regular time each morning and evening.
- Exercise or do a physical activity (such as biking or pushups).
- Get outside if you can, go for a walk in your neighborhood, wave at your neighbors (they probably want to talk to someone!).
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Work on a hobby or new skill! Dust off your banjo or your knitting needles.
- Slow down and listen to one of your favorite albums from start to finish (if you need some recommendations for good music, ask Ben Sooy!).